Friday 22 September 2017

Luca Federici- Passages


Dear Patient 125,

Luca Federici will be performing Passages in our operating theatre at Psycho Ward Blood Ball.  

'In the recent years, by using actions, I am attempting to give aesthetic value to some experiences that have affected my life, such as BDSM activities and Catholic religion. As Italian, I was raised with Catholic education, often surrounded by people who talked about miracles, martyrdom, punishment to find joy and peace. All this has probably influenced me and my art.
I also believe in pain and sacrifice. I see them as a way to overcome my limits psycho-physic and fears and, moreover, establish a deep contact with myself since they enable me to touch feelings and emotions that I could not reach without submitting to the pain.'

Come and join us to dissect this visceral performance at Resistance Gallery 29th of October. 

Cynth Icorn
Head Nurse of Psycho Ward



No comments:

Post a Comment